I am still feeling rather discombobulated. I’ve been feeling this way all year. I’m hoping that now the visiting season is over and I get back into the routine I’ll start to feel a little more normal again but I’m not sure.
I feel like maybe God is trying to make a big change in me and maybe I’m resisting it.
I don’t know.
Anyway, today you’re going to get a discombobulated post – because that’s all I can do today!
First off I want to say two thank-you’s:
1) To Mike Ellis of The Church for Men Florida. Mike is a huge inspiration to me. I only know him through his blog but he’s a man who lives out his faith in a way that I would love to be able to do and for some reason I just feel a large amount of gratitude toward him, partly for the example he sets and also partly for the time he spends trawling the blogsphere and pointing the readers of his blog to great stuff he finds out there. Thanks Mike. I pray that God will strengthen and equip you and your family for the task at hand.
2) I want to say thank you to the readers of ‘Stuff Christians Like‘ I posted a comment on one of the posts on SCL a few days ago and a whole bunch of people visited my blog because of it and I just wanted to say thank you to them for their kindness and the love they showed me.
A few blog recommendations today:
- Today’s post on SCL – for the humor
- Trey Morgan’s thoughts on the economy – and the discussion that goes with it
- Connecting to Impact’s Are you Living a Lie?
- Homileo’s Does Sex Mean you Should Marry? – and the subsequent discussion
- Finally… Shooting the Breeze’s Spiritual lessons from a pig, a rat and a mole – I don’t know what to make of it but I like it!
You could also check out posts from Red Hot Momma and Carey Nieuwhof if you have the time – and if you have the stomach for it, try this (at least, try the post it links to, which my server will not allow me to post a link to!) .
I really really want to go to Kansas City to visit a church called The River Christian Fellowship in Raytown Missouri. I love the people there and love just being there and I just really miss it, although I’ve only been once. It would cost $1500 for my family to visit for 4 days though what with flights and everything so I have to give that to God to supply the money if He wants me to go!
Oh, one last thing Marla Taviano has released a new book, called ‘Expecting’. Just thought you might like to know!
I hope you are having a blessed day and are not as discombobulated as me!