Today is Tech Tuesday on this ‘ere blog… I’ve got a couple of things I want to talk about but if you’re not interested in that stuff, why not head over to the Make A Difference To One where I have been graciously offered the chance to write a post.
Or instead, hang around here and let’s get on with today’s post:
I’ve been playing around with lots of new blog stuff lately. I’m rather a big geek so all this stuff is just way more exciting to me than it really should be!
I’ve been helping someone get their new WordPress Blog set up and it has been a steep learning curve. I’ve had a slave master cracking the whip over my head constantly changing what they want and how they want it done but I’ve learned a huge amount through it so I’m actually kind of grateful!
Since Tuesday is designated as Tech day on my blog, I thought I’d point out a few things I’ve done, maybe give you some ideas and hopefully get some feedback:
- You may be able to see to the right of this screen I have added Google Friend Connect. I really have no idea what, if anything ,this does for me but I was determined not to be the very last person on the planet to install it! What does it do for me? Anyone know?
- I’m slowly making little changes to the design… I’m going to put in a bigger rss graphic etc. What do you think? Does it need one – up there on the top right?
- The blogroll is getting unmanageable, so I’m going to make a ‘links’ page. Send me a link to your blog if you want me to add you to that page. I’ll try to add every blog I read regularly but there’s a lot so don’t be offended if I miss you, just give me a nudge to remind me!
- I added a handy-dandy WordPress plugin called WPTouch iPhone Theme, which supposedly optimises the page for people viewing the site on their cell phones. Anyone want to check it out on their phone and tell me how it’s looking?
- I also added the All-in-one SEO pack and WP Super-cache to make the site load faster and be better optimized for search engines.
- I’ve even set up the blog for Kindle users. Anyone with a Kindle can subscribe to my blog and read it right on their Kindle. See my Kindle feed here. Unfortunately, Amazon charges Kindle users 99 cents per month for the service and I’m not sure my blog is worth paying for… yet. But if you have a Kindle, check it out, it’s free for the first 14 days!
- So.. what else should I tinker with? Or should I stop tinkering and start trying to write some decent blog posts?