This year’s Thanksgiving post is going to be a little different to the norm for me, in more ways than one.
Of course I’m thankful for my salvation, family, friends, home etc etc but today I want to focus on something else.
I am TERRIBLE at recognizing my own achievements, which means I’m terrible at recognizing and therefore being thankful for the gifts that God has given me and the things he has done for me.
Today therefore, I am going to step way outside of my comfort zone and list some of the things that God has done for me and through me this year. Please believe, I’m not trying to be arrogant I just want to acknowledge what God has been doing. To God be the Glory!
- I am very thankful that I started using twitter in April – and that I have met so many wonderful friends through it.
- I’m thankful that I already have 500 followers, at least ten of which are actual, real people.
- I’m thankful for every time someone tweets one of my blog posts. It’s a great honor and encouragement.
- I’m thankful that Bridget and I started the One Word at a Time Blog Carnival and that it is going so well – I’m thankful for everyone who gets involved.
- I’m thankful for all of my customers in my web hosting business. I have the BEST customers!
- I’m thankful that my parents and grandmother helped me travel over to my cousin Kara’s wedding. I’m so glad I didn’t miss it.
- I’m thankful that Gary Boal, Katdish and Kevin Martineau allowed me to be a guest blogger on their sites.
- I’m very thankful that I got my first rejection letter from a literary agent. Kelly Mortimer rejected my manuscript and made me feel like I am truly on the path. People always say that you’re likely to get lots of rejections before you get accepted!
- I’m thankful for every person who has written a guest post for my site! You all rock and you honor me by being willing to write for me!
- I’m thankful that Katdish asked me to help her develop Billy Coffey’s new website and that she made it look so good! It was one of the best experiences of the year to be a part of that.
- I wrote two books for my kids. They still need LOTS of editing but it’s a great start!
- A story I wrote got accepted for Hurray God!!!!!
- The second-best day of the year so far was when I got an email from Michael Hyatt telling me my guest blog post submission had been accepted. I was literally bouncing up and down!
- The best day of the year was when that post went live. It was such an honor to be able to guest blog for him and I was overwhelmed by all of the comments I received that day.
- My greatest accomplishment though is that I and my kids have become friends with several homeless people here in town – and my kids LOVE going out to take food to them. It is the greatest honor that these wonderful people would call us their friends!
What are you thankful for that maybe you sometimes forget to thank God for?