I am in the process of redesigning all of my business websites and I realized I have never had a real logo for any of them.
I’m particularly interested in having some way of branding NewBlogHosting.com
New Blog Hosting is a site aimed at people who want to start a new blog or upgrade their current blog and need a hosting account to do so.
I have very little creative ability when it comes to art and design and I have very little money to pay for a design (even now I’ve searched down behind the cushions on the couch)… so here’s what I’m proposing.
For the next two weeks, I’m running a competition for all you design geniuses (or is that genii?) to design me a logo and this is the prize:
- A year of free blog hosting with our standard blog package
- A thirty minute phone call (one hour, if you don’t need the hosting) with me to talk about anything you’d like, including; technical stuff, faith, the genius of Dilbert cartoons and (for Mrs Candy Steele) ham sandwiches.
- The world’s first ever New Blog Hosting t-shirt, printed with YOUR design.
- I’ll write a post on my blog telling the world how awesome you are… and send a couple of tweets doing the same.
- The recipe for my great-great-grandmother in law’s chocolate cake, which is unbelievably good and is a closely guarded secret.
- Bragging rights
What you need to do to enter:
- All designs must be in high quality digital format suitable for using on printed materials and online.
- The design must be original and not a copy of anything that might get me sued for copyright infringement
- Apart from that… go to town. Have fun. Be yourself. Come up with something AMAZING!
- If you plan on entering a design, leave a comment on this post and I’ll email you with the address to send your entry to.
The color scheme of the new website will be designed around the winning logo.
I’d love to see what you can come up with… and I’m really excited to have a logo for the first time!
Now GO… get designing!
The winner will be announced on Saturday, November 13th 2010.
By entering, you agree that, should you win, I will have free rein to use the design in any way and any medium that I see fit with no further compensation due to you.