Adventure – Blog Carnival

Welcome to the One Word at a Time blog carnival.

This week’s word is: Adventure

You are welcome to join in either by writing or reading or both. If you write a post on the topic of adventure, please add your link to the little widget below so we can all find it!

Thanks. Enjoy!

My entry: Choose Your Own Adventure

Life is an adventure.

Did you ever read those ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ books when you were younger. You know, the ones where you got to the bottom of the page and had to choose what the characters would do next?

Well, life is very much like that. Every day, multiple times a day we have to choose our own adventure. We make choices and in doing so define the adventure that we take.

Some of us are distinctly unadventurous and make the ‘safe’ choices constantly making the adventure of life a rather boring one.

Others of us seem to always choose the most dangerous, most risky path and write an adventure worthy of a blockbuster movie.

Either way, it’s an adventure.

It Gets Even Better With Christ

When we make the choice to accept the free salvation that God offers us through Jesus Christ, the adventure of life can get even better.

Why is it better with Christ? – Because our adventure changes from one which define all by ourselves to one where we can stop choosing our own adventure and choose to follow the adventure that the Creator of the universe has mapped out for us.

When God defines our adventure, we walk a path that has eternal significance, eternal impact. It might not always be ‘fun’ or easy but it is always worth it!

What could be better than going on an adventure created just for you by Almighty God?

… of course, all too often we continue to choose our own adventure, and in doing so, we miss out on so much!

Which adventure will you choose today?

22 thoughts on “Adventure – Blog Carnival”

There is no better adventure – and it’s chock full of the unknown, the mysterious, the scary and the dangerous.

2. You did a great job in the way you present this Peter. I’ll take the adventure from the Author and Finisher of my faith. He knows the end from the beginning, so I’ll trust Him (*gulp*) for the outcome.

(Okay, Lord, bring on the next one …)

Thanks, Anne!

The trusting Him part is mighty scary!

3. Road signs along the way do help us choose the right direction for today’s adventure. May I ever be vigilant and observant to see and hear clearly and then to follow those directions! I liked your sign posts!

4. Frank says:

Love those books. The great thing about them is if you choose the wrong path and get eaten by a dragon at the end, you can always go back and try again! Life isn’t like that though. Once we choose, we’re full steam ahead. We don’t get do-overs. But thankfully the author of our story is better at choosing the outcome than we are on our own.

Amen to that!

I often used to try to make the worst possible choices and see how bad it could get for the poor character in the book.

Now I still seem to make bad choices… I never learned…

5. Ryan Tate says:

Looks like you found the inspiration you were looking for last night. Great post Peter. Life isn’t life with the source of all life. What an adventure!

And hey, is it just me who can’t see the link widget?

“…we can stop choosing our own adventure and choose to follow the adventure that the Creator of the universe has mapped out for us.”

Well said.

7. Kelly Sauer says:

I wrote something very similar today – but it seems I can’t share it b/c the link widget is AWOL! How fun.

8. Adventures are definitely better with Christ, in every way!

9. nance marie says:

our adventure with God is a book written through time that takes us past time itself.

10. Pingback: Adventure
  11. jasonS says:

His adventure will always be more exciting than what I can imagine on my own. Great post, Peter! Thank you.

Hey! I never read those books. I think I would have liked them very much. Adventures are always better with Him.

13. No matter how dangerous or life threatening the adventure with Him is, I know that I am always safe and my destination is certain. As long as I am with Him.