Pets – Blog Carnival

YAY!!!! It’s One Word at a Time blog carnival time again!

This week’s word is: Pets

You are welcome to join in either by writing or reading or both. If you write a post on the topic of ‘pets’, please add your link to the little widget below so we can all find it!

Thanks. Enjoy!

I personally don’t have any pets and don’t want any.

Well… I don’t have any pets if you don’t count my kids’ goldfish that I get lumbered with feeding and cleaning.

Surprisingly, goldfish don’t like baths so they’re very hard to clean, but I always find a way. I’m never sure what bodywash to use on them, but that’s another story…

I’d like, one day, to have a tiger.

I’d call him (or her) Raa so that when people ask his name, I can let him answer by saying RAAAR!

We had a rabbit called Mr White once, but there was almost no chance of teaching him to say his name. So a tiger it is.

Except, of course, for the fact that I don’t like cats and couldn’t deal with the care and attention he’d need.

So I’m looking forward to reading all of your posts on pets to hopefully teach me what I’m missing!

22 thoughts on “Pets – Blog Carnival”

Peter, you wash your kids’ goldfish?

Someone told me that you have to clean your fish or they start to stink?

I’d name a pet tiger “Rory”.

3. Patricia says:

I had just written this little blurb on my dog Max and followed over here from Glynn’s post. I’m so glad to have a spot to pay tribute to Max!
    p.s. Maybe you can fulfill your wish for a pet tiger after all… go get one of the “Calvin and Hobbes” books … he requires no maintenance! =)

That’s a good point!

Where do I find a tiger like that…..?

4. Hazel I Moon says:

Your children have NO pets?? Please at least get them a kitten. Let it be an outdoors cat and it will be clean and take care of itself. Loved your tiger, but that is a really BIG kitten!

We severely dislike cats.

There’s a cat lady down the street who has about 4000 of them and they all live outside. They use our entire front and back yards as their personal litter boxes. It’s disgusting!

We bought our kids some animal costumes so when they feel the need to play with a pet, one of them can just dress up like a dog or a horse or something and pretend 😉

1. CFloyd says:

LOVE! We had a cat and some dogs while I grew up. My mom is a major pet person. Once I got married we had a dog or two also. But once I started having four children, then five, then six, then seven, I was pretty much over animals. We have a doggy we adopted from PetsMart, a gorgeous Beagle/Basset. He’s a mess sometimes, and I’m still not a complete animal-lover according to modern definition, but we’ll keep him. Till he tries to escape then it’s off to the pound! ;P

5. Father Stephen says:

We did adopt a tiger for Peter some years ago while he was still living here in England but the zoo wouldn’t let us take it home, so it didn’t work out.

Hahahahaha! Good one!

🙂

That was a cool present!

6. HisFireFly says:

Tiger eh? I thnk he;’d likely take care of himself, though you might be dinner one day.

That is a big consideration…

7. jasonS says:

No tigers for me thanks, but if you train yours well, you could start a show in Vegas. Nothing could ever go wrong with that. 🙂 Thanks Peter.

8. Amy Nabors says:

Well we have 2 cats and 1 dog. You’re not missing much. They are as much work as children are. 🙂

That’s what I figure!

And they never grow up and leave home!

9. Zee says:

I want a big dog (Moscow watchdog or golden retriever… or a wolf), but it’s not a good idea in a 2-room apartment.

10. Just found your blog. Love the one word hop and am planning to follow.
    And…personally…I have a ton of pets and plan on having more 😉