I’m excited to be speaking at the Moreno Valley Writers Launch Pad this year. The last 12 months have been a fast and furious ride to becoming a published author and I’m thrilled that I get to share that journey with up-and-coming writers and hopefully inspire them and give them some ideas for how to move their writing careers forward.
To save paper and waste, I’ve created this ‘resources’ page with links to all the information I’m sharing at the Launch Pad. Feel free to download and look through the presentation (PDF) and use any of the resources on this page.
- Business Tips and Taxes for Writers – The essential guide for writers to when and how to form a business and how to file taxes CPA
- 2013 Writer’s Market Guide – The writer’s ultimate guide to contacting agents and publications
- The Christian Writer’s Market Guide 2013 – The complete guide to Christian publications and agents for writers
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World – An excellent resource for learning how to build an audience for your work
- How to Write a Winning Book Proposal – Michael Hyatt’s authoritative tutorial on writing book proposals
Blogs to Read
- Michael Hyatt – He’s been everything from an agent to the CEO of a major publishing house (and a best-selling author). Michael knows what he’s talking about!
- Rachelle Gardner – One of the best literary agents out there (not my agent though 🙁 )
- Writers Digest – There are no rules! – Hints and tips from people on the inside of the writing industry.
Resources to Use
- Blogger.com & WordPress.com – The two best free blogging platforms. Great places to start as a blogger
- NewBlogHosting.com – The hosting company I started and ran until January 2013. It’s under new management but they’re sticking to my business philosophies and I absolutely recommend them as hosts. See the full site here.
- Feedblitz – Feedblitz is the premier resource for managing RSS subscriptions to your site and automating your feed and newsletters
- Mailchimp – A great place to manage your mailing list and create newsletters
Services to Use
These three services are essential for building your platform/audience and marketing your writing.