A couple of weeks ago I gave you the opportunity to “Ask me anything“.
I managed to punch out the answers to the first three questioners but then got busy.. and finally I’m getting around to answering the next three.
If you want to know something about me or have a question you’re just dying to ask, go ahead and ask in a comment at the end of this post and I’ll do my best to answer soon.
So… Here goes:
1) Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert? – I’m absolutely an introvert. I’m OK behind a microphone but when it comes to actual one-on-one interaction, I’m terrified!
2) What is the most challenging thing for you about relationships? – I don’t know how to do relationships. I’m so bad at maintaining them. That’s probably the hardest part for me. I have a good relationship with my wife because I can focus on maintaining my relationship with her. I’m not sure I have many close friends though because I’m so bad and doing whatever it is that’s needed for a friendship. I have a brother-in-law and sister-in-law who live in our back yard who I’m fairly close to but that’s more because we share meals together most days than anything else, I think.
My parents didn’t really have any friends when I was growing up so I think part of my problem is that I didn’t have friendship modeled for me and subsequently I’m very much like them. I can’t totally blame them though, I’m a big boy now!
3) What’s your favorite kind of music? – That’s easy. I love rock and pop and heavy metal and ska and country and classical and jazz and blues and techno and dance and worship and hip hop and rap and a few weird things too (like The Art of Noise and Jean Michel Jarre). I hope I didn’t miss anything!
Thanks Erlinda, those were some easy questions to answer, I appreciate that!
The great Billy Coffey asked:
What I want to know is this: What’s the first thing you think about in the morning? What motivates you to face the day? – to be honest, the first thing I think in the morning is “Why am I awake already, I’m so tired, I’m going back to sleep.”
The next thing I think is “Why won’t someone responsible do something about that screaming baby”
The next thing I think is: “Oh… yeah… I’m supposed to be the responsible one. Oh bother.”
What motivates me to start the day is finding a way to stop the baby screaming.
Seriously. When I’m alone here, I just stay in bed until the hunger in my belly forces me out!
I’m pretty lame really.
(I told Billy that his question was too hard to answer and that I’d change it to “What foods are you allergic to?” The answer: Peanuts, Avacados and sometimes Strawberries)
The inimitable Katdish asked four questions:
1) How old were you when you knew you wanted to enter the ministry? – I don’t think I have reached the age yet! Seriously though, it’s not something I asked for, it’s something I was called to. My memory is terrible. Seriously, I can barely remember anything from my youth but I think I’ve always known that God has called me to lead. There was certainly never any specific moment where I heard him tell that that it’s what he wants from me. I guess that’s probably one of the effects of being a Pastor’s Kid.
2) Is your wife a Brit? – No, my wife is actually American. I recently wrote the story of how we met and I have it on hold trying to decide whether to use it as a post on my blog or use it if I’m ever asked to guest-post anywhere.
3) Where exactly in England are you from? – I was born in my parent’s bed in a little village called Higham Ferrers although that’s not what my birth certificate says. I was raised in a town called Northampton, which is 60 miles north of London. I lived in Northampton until we moved here back in 2005.
4) What brought you to the states? – A plane. Ok. I tried to leave it at that but I just can’t. God decided it was time – that’s the long and the short of it. Maybe I’ll write a post about that too sometime but I’m still just learning why he wants us out here.
Thanks for all of your questions everyone. I’m happy to answer more questions if anyone has them but, if not, I really appreciate those of you who have wanted to know just a little more about me!