- My birthday is my favorite day of the year. Even at 35 I still get excited about it a month in advance. It’s the one day I don’t have to worry about messing up!
- My birth certificate has the wrong place of birth on it.
- One of the things I’m most proud of is that I married an older woman (although she’s only nine months older than me 🙂 )
- I have made up theme songs for each of my children.
- I rarely stop singing (although people wish I would). There’s a song for just about every word I hear and so I randomly start singing a song which is triggered by a word I hear someone say.
- I think just about everything can be used for a sermon illustration. I have a friend who occasionally gives me a topic, statement or object to make up a sermon about, just to see if they can stump me.
- I REALLY dislike blogger.com
- I met my wife online and married her five months after we first ‘met’ through AOL. Our relationship went pretty slow at first because we were both using 14.4K modems. Anyone remember those?
- One of my favorite snacks is to cut a slice of cheddar cheese, butter it then spread strawberry jam on top of the butter. Pure heaven!
- I hate drinking water. I know I have to do it so I fill bottles up at the beginning of the day and force myself to drink them before going to sleep. I regularly drink two or more bottle of water in the last few minutes just before I go to bed. I think of it like medicine…. it tastes disgusting but I need it to survive!
All but one of these things are true.
The one which is false is just slightly inaccurate.
Q. Which of these ten things is not completely true – and what’s untrue about it?
30 Reply to “Ten Things You Might Not Know About Me”
Whoa. You liked cheese with butter and jam on it? It sounds disgusting, but I’m sure it isn’t… 😛
I LOVE cheese with butter and jam! It’s like a sweet and sour kind of thing
Yeah, I would have to go with the cheese and butter…. never heard of that before, so its new to me. 🙂
That one is 100% true. It’s fantastic! Don’t knock it until you try it!
Hmmmm. Fun stuff Peter, I’m gonna vote for #3… I don’t think it’s 9 months.
Almost exactly nine months… sorry Bruce.
Thanks for playing!
(I know I ACT a lot younger than that though 🙂 )
Number 7 is why you never visit my blog anymore, even on carnival days, right? Sigh.
Oh Helen… now I feel bad. 🙁
You could make it up to me by actually visiting my blog the next time I link up to your blog carnival! 🙂
#7 is epic.
And the cheese and butter thing…dude…gross…
#7 is actually an understatement 🙂
Cheese and butter… mmm, I love it.
You should try dipping jelly beans in garlic-mayonnaise too!
#10 – i hate the taste of a lot of water too, so I can see how this could be true. Although I would think that the false part would be that you don’t down two bottles right before bed…talk about middle of the night restroom trips! 🙂
Nice try…. but sorry, I do regularly drink two bottles of water right before bed… sometimes even more.
And yes, it means at least two middle of the night bathroom trips 🙂
OK, I’m guessing #2 🙂
Nope. That one’s true!
There are two villages which kind of merge together. I was born at home in one of them and for some reason they put the name of the other on my birth certificate!
How did I never know that? Which village is on your birth certificate then?
I’ll guess #4 though it would not surprise me if youactually have made up theme songs for your kids…
My kids all have theme songs.
I also have a theme song for one of my nephews!
So… do yolu worry about messing up EVEN on your birthday?
You do have a point there… but most of that stress is in the run-up to the day when my wife is begging me to come up with something I want for my birthday and something I want to do.
But no, #1 is not it!
I’m going with #1.
🙁 which makes me sad but I think thats the one.
Nope, sorry Erin.
I LOVE my birthday!
Continuing with the process of elimination —
#8 and yes, I remember being that slow and am only 28.8k now (believe or not, and yes, please pray for me)
Now.. did you marry her faster than that?
I met my husband online.. we were married within 2 months
#8 – you’re way too cool for AOL. Does it even exist anymore?
We met 14 years ago when AOL was in its heyday.
I’m picking #2.
#2 is actually true. I have no idea why but I was born in a different town to what it says.
I’m gonna go with #8, but mostly because you already published the answer. The cheese w/butter and jam thing sounds kinda weird…
oooo is it number 5????
although in saying that when i came over in nov you did do rather alot of random singing. but i would have to guess that its 5 as i have feeling that we had a convo about #6 sometime.